Tuesday, October 31, 2006

game time



My name is Eric Epperson. I am 24 years old. I have a mortgage. I am a college graduate. I have kissed a girl. Yet, with all of these accomplishments under my belt, each proving that I am an adult, I still enjoy video games. It is an addiction that I can not shake. It is a stain so deep in my genetic make up that I can not rid myself of it. Since I was a young boy video games have been a part of my life. New games filled my stocking, my birthday wish list, and conversations. They say you grow out of most things. I used to have lines shaved in the side of my head. I had my ear pierced in high school. I once owned a Boys II Men CD. Yet through all of these changes, I still play video games. Maybe I enjoy the release. It sure is nice to be able to partake in a mindless activity while the wife watches some show on TV about fast-talking women . Maybe, just maybe, I play them because they take me back to my childhood. Whatever the case may be, we are 17 days away from the release of the Playstation 3. Game on.

No comments: