Friday, April 20, 2007

An Open Letter to the State of Florida

Dear Florida Tourism Board,

I recently returned from a week-long stay in your state and I have to tell you that I enjoyed myself tremendously. Your Gulf Coast white beaches were ever so inviting. The seafood was fresh and I didn’t come home with dysentery . The locals were pleasant as well.

I do have one small complaint however. I noticed on most of your literature, that you have entitled your state, “The Sunshine State”. I assume that that would be quite an honor. Out of all the states in the US, you are bestowed with such a name. Even though most of Colorado has over 300 days of sunshine a year, you are synonymous with sunlight.

So you can obviously understand my disappointment that out of the 8 days I was there, it was cloudy for 6 of them. I know… I know… no one is perfect. But as the great Arsenio Hall said to a young, troubled street kid named Arsenio, “Either change your name, or change your ways”.

Actually, that story could be about Alexander the Great , but I am not sure at the moment. Either way, happy Earth Day everyone.

No comments: